Cortina is crossed by route SS 51 in a North-South direction and the SS 48bis of the Dolomites in an East-West direction. The motorway exits for Cortina are A27-Belluno from the South (72 km) and A22-Bressanone from the North (87 km).
Cortina Express and ATVO offer daily bus services between Cortina d’Ampezzo and Venice Marco Polo Airport and Venice-Mestre train station. In high season, there are also connections with the airport of Treviso and with Rovigo, Ferrara and Bologna.
The nearest train stations are located in Calalzo di Cadore (35 km), connected by Dolomiti Bus, and in Dobbiaco (31 Km) connected by SAD bus service.
• Marco Polo / Venice // 162 km
• Canova / Treviso // 130 km
• Catullo / Verona // 260 km
• Innsbruck / Austria // 170 km
Cortina can be reached by helicopter transfer thanks to the Heliport at Fiames.
Getting there in Dobbiaco, holiday region Three Peaks in the Dolomites
All roads and means of transports will take you here
- Mobilcard South Tyrol: The Mobilcard offers you free travel on all public transport of the South Tyrolean transport network (regional trains, city trains, regional and city buses, and the cable cars of the “Verkehrsverbund” transport network ). The card is valid for 1, 3 or 7 days. more information
- Connection ticket: Travellers to South Tyrol can buy on board of the Euro City trains of DB / ÖBB between Munich and Bolzano a "connection ticket" with validity for the arrival and return journey day. This ensures your connecting journeys with public transport in South Tyrol on the days of your arrival and your departure. The ticket can also be stamped or swiped before your journey in the travel centres of the German railway operator DB Bahn. more information
- Museummobil Card: The Museummobil card offers free entry to 80 museums and the same free mobility as the Mobilcard. The card is valid for 3 or 7 days. more information
- Bikemobil Card: The Bikemobil card allows you the unrestricted use of public transport facilities in the whole of South Tyrol for 1, 3 or 7 consecutive days (not valid for ÖBB trains). On one day of your choice you can also use a hired bicycle. more information
|Arrival by car|
- On the Brennero Motorway A22 (toll road) take exit Bressanone – Val Pusteria, then continue on the national road (SS49-E66) to the holiday region Three Peaks in the Dolomites. Distance from motorway exit Bressanone – Val Pusteria: approx. 60 km.
Please note: All Italian motorways are toll roads, Austrian motorways can only be used with a toll sticker (Vignette).
Information on the Brennero motorway A22: International tel. 0043 512 4020, in Italy tel. 800 279 940
- You can also get to us via Lienz in East Tyrol (A), by crossing the Austrian-Italian border on national road (B100-E66). Travel from Southern Germany via the Felbertauernstraße road. Advantage: no toll stickers (Vignettes) required
- Road conditions and traffic information centre Bolzano: phone +39 0471 200198
|Arrival by train|
Travel to Fortezza using international rail links. Then change to a local railway to San Candido. Trains stop in Villabassa, Dobbiaco, San Candido and Versciaco/Monte Elmo. From Klagenfurt travel to San Candido via Lienz and then with the Val Pusteria railway to Versciaco/Monte Elmo, Dobbiaco and Villabassa. Sesto and the Valle di Braies can be easily reached using local buses from San Candido and Villabassa.
- Information San Candido Railway station: Tel. +39 0474 913 224
- Public transport South Tyrol
- Russian Rail
- National Rail Enquiries United Kingdom
|Arrival by plane/Airport shuttle|
There are several daily Shuttle buses to South Tyrol from the airports of Innsbruck, Salzburg, Munich, Treviso, Venice, Verona, Bergamo and Milan Malpensa.
|Munich Airport (D)||330 km|
|Innsbruck Airport (A)||130 km|
|Salzburg Airport (A)||270 km|
|Venice Airport (I)||190 km|
|Treviso Airport (I)||170 km|
|Verona Airport (I)||250 km|
|Bergamo Airport (I)||330 km|
|Milan Malpensa Airport (I)||420 km|
|Bolzano Airport (I)||100 km|
- Autobus Autostradale: Milano – Brescia – Villabassa – Dobbiaco – San Candido
Booking online: www.busitalia.it
- Insam Express
From South Tyrol to all of Europe.
From Germany, Austria, Italy, Czech Republic, Switzerland and Benelux to South Tyrol.
Tel. +39 0474 913276